Welcome to the Punchbowl, an interview segment about playing Dungeons and Dragons in 2017 and beyond. We talk to people who are pushing the game forward - creatively, communally, socially, just doing good work.
Today we sit down with Jess Zimmerman, editor at Electric Literature and writer of the Role Monster essay series. We talk about finding female personality in monsters, D&D’s rebirth in popular culture and owlbear taxonomy. Find her at @j_zimms on Twitter or anywhere you see her byline. Check out the articles mentioned in the interview below!
- The Role Monster essay series - http://bit.ly/2BgcQBk
- Join the Party article in Electric Literature - http://bit.ly/2k3fkQ8
- The first Community D&D episode - https://www.hulu.com/watch/212754
- How Did A Bunch Of Mythical Monsters Become Queer Icons? By John Paul Brammer - http://bzfd.it/2k4m5RO
- The Uncanny Resurrection of Dungeons & Dragons By Neima Jahromi - http://bit.ly/2iV2Cj9
- Twenty Sided Store, the best indie game store in Brooklyn. Get 20% off your online or in-store order with code JOINTHEPARTY.
Find Us Online
- website: jointhepartypod.com
- patreon: patreon.com/jointhepartypod
- twitter: twitter.com/jointhepartypod
- facebook: facebook.com/jointhepartypod
- instagram: instagram.com/jointhepartypod
- tumblr: jointhepartypod.tumblr.com
- music: brandongrugle.bandcamp.com
Cast & Crew
- Dungeon Master: Eric Silver
- TR8c (Tracey): Brandon Grugle
- Inara Harthorn: Amanda McLoughlin
- Johnny B. Goodlight: Michael Fische
- Multitude: multitude.productions